Soft, rich, dark chocolate cookies are filled with Cherry Cordial Hershey’s Kisses and miniature chocolate chips.
Happy Monday ya’ll, I hope you had a fabulous weekend. If you haven’t entered the Super Bowl of Giveaways yet make sure to do so here. You could be the lucky winner of $500 in PayPal Cash. I don’t know about you but I could use $500, after all it hasn’t been that long since the holidays.
When I was a kid every year at Christmas we used to exchange presents with our next door neighbors and every year we bought the husband of the family a tin of mixed nuts and they bought my dad a box of chocolate covered cherries. I cannot remember why, or if either of them even really liked nuts or cherries, but that was a constant for so many years. I wasn’t much of a fan of the actual cherry in the candy but have always loved the subtle cherry flavor of the cream inside. You can imagine my utter joy when Hershey’s started making the Cherry Cordial Kisses a few years back.
Okay, so I realize you may be thinking – another chocolate cookie? Yes. But these are different I promise. They are soft, rich, dark chocolate cookies filled with Cherry Cordial Hershey’s Kisses and miniature chocolate chips. So they are pretty much divine, I could eat the whole batch if I let myself! I know that I said I was trying to be healthier this year, I am, but sometimes a girl just needs a cookie. And there really is no better way to indulge your craving than with a fresh from the oven cookie. I hope you’ll enjoy them too; happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Cherry Cordial Cookies
Yield 12 -14 cookies
- 8 Tbs butter, softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c flour
- 1/3 c dark dutch cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 c miniature chocolate chips
- 24 Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses, chopped
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter and sugars for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it just comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped Kisses.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- Scoop the dough into 2 1/2 Tbs balls and place 2" apart on the pans.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool on the pan 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Courses cookies, dessert