These chocolate peanut butter revel bars are indulgent, delicious and packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavors.
The holidays are always a great excuse to bake, there are a few ladies from church who I visit each month and so of course for Christmas I wanted to take them each something a little sweet to enjoy. It provided me yet another opportunity to “re-do” an older recipe from the archives, the first time I made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars was a couple of years ago.
Rich fudgy chocolate and peanut butter are layered atop an oatmeal cookie base and covered with a crumbled layer as well. These cookie bars are indulgent, delicious and packed with chocolate and peanut butter flavors. Serve them up with a glass of milk and watch the smiles appear, plus the recipe makes a 9″x13″ pan so you’ll have plenty to share, enjoy and happy baking!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars
Recipe type: bars, dessert
Serves: 24-36 bars, depending on size
- ¾ c butter
- ¼ c peanut butter
- 2 c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 c oats, I used old fashioned
- ½ c peanut butter
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz. package dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and ¼ c peanut butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour and baking soda; stir in oats.
- Gradually stir the dry mixture into the peanut butter mixture, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the ½ c peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- Cook over low heat until the chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir the last teaspoon of vanilla.
- Press two-thirds of the oat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the oats.
- Using your fingers, crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Revel Bars BHG 100 Best Cookies