Chocolate Peanut Butter Revel Bars
Yield 24 -36 bars, depending on size
- 3/4 c butter
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 c oats, I used old fashioned
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 oz. package dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer beat the butter and 1/4 c peanut butter on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the brown sugar and beat until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour and baking soda; stir in oats.
- Gradually stir the dry mixture into the peanut butter mixture, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine the 1/2 c peanut butter, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips.
- Cook over low heat until the chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir the last teaspoon of vanilla.
- Press two-thirds of the oat mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the oats.
- Using your fingers, crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Revel Bars BHG 100 Best Cookies
Courses bars, dessert