These Four Cheese Profiteroles are soft, little puffs of dough filled with delicious cheese flavor, that are great served with soup or as an appetizer.
Four Cheese Profiteroles
Yield 16 profiteroles
- 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 large eggs
- 1 oz shredded 4 cheese blend (I used Sargento)
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat; add the water, butter and salt and boil.
- Remove from the stove and add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon for 15 seconds, return to heat for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat to cool, using an electric hand mixer beat the dough for two minutes.
- Add the egg and beat until smooth, scrape down the sides if the bowl as necessary.
- Fold in the cheese and black pepper.
- Spoon the dough into a zip top plastic bag and snip the end off to pipe out the dough into small golf ball sized swirls.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
Recipe adapted from Parmesan Profiteroles by Sarah Toasty of Everything in the Kitchen Sink