This past week was spent up in the mountains of North Carolina at my in laws cabin; it’s a charming, rustic cabin built by my husbands grandfather. We ate out most of the trip, if you’ve ever been to Maggie Valley; then you know there are some really amazing places to eat! Anyway I over ate on many a delicious pastry and breakfast – a family tradition is breakfast at Joey’s Pancake House. The last day of trip we didn’t have time to dine out for breakfast so I made this frittata the night before so we could just reheat and eat before the long 12 hour trip back home. A quick frittata of spinach and tomato with swiss cheese, makes this a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy and happy baking!
Spinach & Tomato Frittata
Yield 2 Frittatas, 6-8 servings each
- 8 eggs
- 2 c spinach, fresh
- 1/3 c milk
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 Tbs butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare two 9" pie pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, tomato and salt & pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the butter and add the spinach, cook until wilted; about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the spinach is cooled 5-10 minutes, add it to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide between the mixture between the two pie pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, until it is set in the center and the edges are golden.
- Remove carefully from the oven, cool 10 minutes; slice and serve.
Courses breakfast, main dish