Caramel, chocolate and pecans are loaded up in these gooey, rich, delicious Turtle Bars that make a great dessert or snack.
I’ll admit, I am kind of obsessed with caramel, sometimes I spend days thinking about it. Not all day of course, but in the quiet moments when I’m between thoughts, caramel springs into my mind! Chocolate + Caramel + Pecans = these Turtle Bars; what better companion to caramel than chocolate and while you’re at it a few pecans too.
Truth be told I’m not big fan of nuts in my chocolate, but something about mixing in caramel just works for me. These turtle bars are rich, gooey and delicious. If you or a loved one are a fan of Turtle candies, then you are going to want to bake up a batch of these babies. Enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 9 -12 bars, depending on size
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 c oats
- 6 Tbs brown sugar, packed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 pecan, chopped
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 8 oz. caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare an 8 x 8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt; mix in the butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 3/4 c of the topping and press the remaining into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Top the crust with chocolate chips, pecans and drizzle on the caramel.
- Sprinkle on the remaining topping to finish and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Cool approximately an hour, slice into bars and serve.
Heather Kinnaird says
this sounds absolutely delicious!
E Dicks says
Oh Heather they are! I must admit I have eaten more than a few today.
These look FABULOUS!!! I LOVE turtles… I but I would love these!
Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!
Just Jaime says
YUM! I love turtle flavored anything!
Melissa @ Smells Like Brownies says
These turtle bars were so delicious! My husband barely got any because I couldn’t stop eating them! Thanks so much for sharing!
I’m so glad you liked them Melissa, I think sharing is over-rated sometimes 😉