Spinach Almond Cheddar Bites are a quick, delicious appetizer that are perfect for any occasion!
I can’t believe the year is almost over, seriously where has it gone? It seems like it was just summer vacation and honestly it still pretty much “feels” like summer here in sunny Florida. The end of the year means New Year’s Eve and that typically means party time. These tasty little bites are easy to make and even easier to enjoy. Good things happen when you combine almonds, spinach, mushrooms and cheese in a flaky warm crust, trust me you are going to love these little bites.
The best part of this recipe is that you can even make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge or freeze them until you’re ready to heat and serve. So hurry and finalize the rest of your NYE menu and be sure to add these ingredients to your grocery list.
Of course don’t forget to grab a few extra cans of Blue Diamond Almonds, there are so many great varieties to choose from. Plus they make a great hostess gift! I love them so much I have been known to stash a can of the Salt and Vinegar almonds in my purse to keep the pregnancy hunger at bay. I think holiday parties and nuts just seem to go hand in hand, so you’re going to love this simple, slightly more elegant appetizer option.
Whether you are hosting a countdown or attending someone else’s these Spinach Almond Cheddar Bites are a great little addition to the party fare. I hope enjoy them and have a safe and happy new year!
Spinach Almond Cheddar Bites
Yield 24 servings
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 c baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c Lightly Salted Blue Diamond Almonds, diced
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8 oz can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare a 24 well miniature muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and salute the spinach and mushrooms over medium low heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on the counter and unroll the crescent dough into a large rectangle, slice the dough into 24 equal squares.
- Mold the squares of dough into the muffin pan, leaving a well in the center for the filling.
- In a mixing bowl combine the spinach and mushroom mixture with the cheese, diced almonds and mayonnaise, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the dough cups and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- Store remaining bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, all recipes, opinions and photographs are my own.
Want more appetizer ideas? Try these recipes:
[…] Spinach Almond Cheddar Bites – It Bakes Me Happy […]