Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies are soft, chewy chocolate cookies studded with miniature chocolate chips, pecans and white chocolate.
Today I am sharing these deliciously soft, Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies, my cookie that I sent out to 3 other bloggers while participating in the 5th Annual Food Blogger Cookie Swap. This was my second year participating, it was so much fun last year I didn’t want to miss out on a chance to help do a little good. Plus I got 3 dozen yummy cookies sent to me in return and unlike Christmas and birthdays the waiting is actually fun!
I really hope that my cookie receives Patty, Kelly and Nina enjoyed the cookies as much as my family, friends and I did! A big thank you to OXO, Land O’Lakes and Dixie Crystals this year’s brand partners, each of whom will match any donations to COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, dollar for dollar (up to $3000)! If you’re a food blogger that has never participated, I definitely recommend signing up for the fun in 2016.
Christmas is coming in 9 days, so hop on into the kitchen and whip up a few batches of cookies to brighten someone’s day. Now about that recipe… I hope you enjoy, happy baking!
Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Yield 5 1/2 dozen
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 6 oz butter
- 2 oz Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 1 c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325º and prepare two baking pans with parchment or baking mats and set aside.
- To the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) add the flour, baking soda, sea salt, corn starch and cinnamon, stir to combine.
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add the butter and 2 oz chocolate, melt in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring to combine, return to the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Let cool 5 mins.
- Beat in the eggs, sugars and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the pens, and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, measure the dough out into rounds.
- Place the cookie dough 2" apart on the pans and bake for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Courses Dessert, cookie
recipe adapted from the best chewy chocolate chip cookies via host the toast