Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Yield 5 1/2 dozen
- 2 1/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 6 oz butter
- 2 oz Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 1 c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c miniature chocolate chips
- 1/3 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325º and prepare two baking pans with parchment or baking mats and set aside.
- To the bowl of your stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) add the flour, baking soda, sea salt, corn starch and cinnamon, stir to combine.
- To a medium sized mixing bowl add the butter and 2 oz chocolate, melt in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring to combine, return to the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Let cool 5 mins.
- Beat in the eggs, sugars and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the pens, and chocolate chips.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, measure the dough out into rounds.
- Place the cookie dough 2" apart on the pans and bake for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Let cool on the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Courses Dessert, cookie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/12/chewy-chocolate-pecan-cookies.html