Spinach Almond Cheddar Bites
Yield 24 servings
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/2 c baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c Baby Bella Mushrooms, diced
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c Lightly Salted Blue Diamond Almonds, diced
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 8 oz can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare a 24 well miniature muffin tin with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large skillet melt the butter and salute the spinach and mushrooms over medium low heat until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on the counter and unroll the crescent dough into a large rectangle, slice the dough into 24 equal squares.
- Mold the squares of dough into the muffin pan, leaving a well in the center for the filling.
- In a mixing bowl combine the spinach and mushroom mixture with the cheese, diced almonds and mayonnaise, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture into the dough cups and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
- Store remaining bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/12/spinach-almond-cheddar-bites.html