Enjoy the classic flavors and flaky crust of apple pie in bite sized form with these delicious Apple Pie Tassies.
I love apple pie, it’s my favorite! When it comes to fall desserts, for me nothing beats a warm slice of apple pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. I was lucky enough to bring home a small stock of delicious, fresh North Carolina apples from our vacation earlier this month. So it should come as no great surprise that I am sharing yet another way to enjoy the beloved apple.
Because what’s not to love about a flaky little cup stuffed with apple cinnamon filling and topped off with a bit of fresh whipped cream and cinnamon sugar… am I right? Honestly the dough of these tassies is so tender and delicate it’s amazing all on its own, but together with the apple filling it is just divine!
Flaky crust and warm cinnamon apple filling make these Apple Pie Tassies a must-try this holiday season. Skip the wait time that’s involved with a whole pie and bake up a batch of these to share with your family and friends ASAP. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have, happy baking!
Apple Pie Tassies
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 c shredded apple
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 c whipped cream for topping, optional
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and cream cheese, then stir in the flour and cinnamon sugar.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To a microwave safe bowl add the shredded apple, brown sugar, butter and cook at high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla, then beat in the egg.
- Once the dough is chilled preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Using a 1 Tbs cookie scoop, measure out the dough into 18 portions.
- Press the dough into an un-greased mini muffin pan, making sure to have the dough go up the sides of the pan to create a shell.
- Place 1 Tbs of the apple mixture in each dough shell and bake for 23-25 minutes.
- The edges of the pastry should be golden and the apple filling set.
- Remove carefully and let cool in the pan 5 minutes, gently remove the tasties from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Store un-topped tasties in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
recipe adapted from Fudge Brownie Tassies in BHG 100 Best Cookies 2010
Courses dessert, pie
Looking for more ways to get your apple fill? Try these recipes: