Sweet and tangy Blueberry Lime Muffins are the perfect way to start your day, make a batch and enjoy them all week!
Hi my name is Emily and I am a muffin-aholic. I love muffins, really I do! Even though I tend not to be the biggest fan of cake, I adore their close cousin the muffin. I don’t know what it is exactly that I find so irresistible about them, but I go through phases of eating them everyday for a week and then a month or two without.
These Blueberry Lime Muffins are no exception. Years ago before we had kids and I became a stay at home mom I started this here blog. Back then I worked in a nice office as a graphic designer and I used to bake and share with my co-workers. They loved it and it kept me from the temptation of eating a whole batch of anything all by myself. I first made these little lovelies to share with them and they were a wild success!
Fast forward a few years and these days I use my family and friends to help taste test and consume all the extra food around here. Whether you make these ahead to enjoy all week or to share with your loved ones, these lightly sweet muffins are bursting with fresh blueberries and a tart lime glaze. I just know you’re going to love them too and you might even have a hard time eating just one; enjoy and happy baking!
Blueberry Lime Muffins
for the muffins:
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c blueberries
- 1 Tbs lime zest
for the glaze:
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the sugar and butter, add the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the milk, lime juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until it just comes together.
- Fold in the blueberries and lime zest.
- Scoop into paper liners and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, lime juice and melted butter.
- Once muffins have cooled drizzle on the glaze and serve.
- Store remaining muffins in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Courses breakfast, muffin