Strawberry Lime Tart
Yield 6 -8 servings
For the crust:
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 Tbs lime zest
- 5 Tbs butter, melted and cooled
For the filling:
- 2 egg yolks, large
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c lime juice, fresh (about 4 medium sized limes)
- 2 c strawberries, sliced
For the glaze:
- 1 Tbs lime juice (I used lemon since I forgot to reserve lime)
- 1 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 350º and grease a 9" tart pan, set aside.
- In your food processor combine the graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c sugar and lime zest, pulse in the butter until the mixture starts to come together.
- Press the crust mixture into the tart pan and bake for 10-12 minutes; remove carefully and cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl whisk together the egg yolks, condensed milk and lime juice until smooth, spread evenly into the cooled tart shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove carefully and cool on a wire rack.
- In a small pan combine the 1 Tbs of lime juice, water, sugar and cornstarch; stir constantly until it boils and thicks, remove from heat.
- Arrange the strawberry slices in a concentric circle and top with the glaze (you can either brush it on or just drizzle it over like I did - I need a pastry brush).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from glazed kiwi & lime tart with pistachio crust from 500 Pies & Tarts by Rebecca Baugniet
I’m partying at the Pi Day Pie Party at Crazy for Crust today. Come party with us!