A cake-like brownie with all the flavor and half the calories; these Whole Wheat Brownies are a good treat for the days you want to indulge but still feel good about your choices.
Sunday I was super craving brownies and despite almost 2 weeks of feeling terribly congested ( I finally went to the Dr. Monday and I have an upper respiratory infection = BOO! ) I was determined to make some, no sooner than I had committed myself to baking that I realized I was out of flour, except for whole wheat.
Well committed I was and so these “healthy” brownies were born, if you can actually call a brownie healthy, which for the record I could care less about; I LOVE BROWNIES! I am typically a fudgy brownie girl, but these brownies made me think twice. A cake-like brownie with all the flavor and half the calories; these are a good treat for the days you want to indulge but still feel good about your choices. Next time you’re craving a treat, even late at night I suggest whipping up a batch of these brownies. Enjoy and happy baking!
Whole Wheat Brownies
Yield 9 brownies
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl beat the coconut oil, eggs and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to combine, until moistened.
- Spread the batter into your pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool in the pan, slice and serve.