These Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins are a perfect grab and go breakfast item for those busy mornings when you’re rushing out the door to work or school.
Please tell me I’m not the only mom constantly rushing around the house like a mad woman every morning trying to get my kids ready for school? Seriously my kindergartener had 6 excused tardees just in the first quarter! Yes you read that right, SIX! The number one breakfast request from my daughter is muffins, because who doesn’t want a little bit of chocolate to start the day? I know I do!
This month a group of friends and I are sharing some really tasty recipes perfect for your next brunch or any morning you want something more than a bowl of cereal. I make this recipe almost weekly because we always seem to have at least one over ripe banana sitting lonely on the counter and I hate to throw them out. Also I love that it only takes one bowl, because when I’m whipping up a batch of muffins at 6:30 in the morning the last thing I want to do is wash a bunch of dishes.
You can mix these up with any combination of mix ins if chocolate chips and pecans aren’t your jam, I’ve been known to swap in dried cherries instead of nuts when I seem to have run out. However you choose to customize your muffins, I hope you enjoy them, happy baking!
Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 egg, large
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c miniature chocolate chips
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- Preheat your one to 375º F and prepare a 12 c up muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl mash the banana and stir in the sugar and coconut oil.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the milk and vanilla.
- To the mixture add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, miniature chocolate chips and pecans, stir until it just comes together.
- Divide the muffin batter among the 12 cups in your pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, until golden on top.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes, serve warm.
- Store remaining muffins in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Need more Brunch ideas?
Fruit & Prosciutto Bites
Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
Meat Lovers Mini Quiche
Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Nests
Bacon, Egg & Toast Cups
Easy Bacon & Egg Cups
Fruit Yogurt Granola Bites
Blueberry Pie Mini Donuts
Deviled Eggs Benedict
Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Tots
French Toast Fondue
Fresh Cranberry Scones with a Toasted Almonds
Mini Snickerdoodle Scones
Love muffins as much as me? Here’s a few more of my favorites: