This Blackberry Cherry Galette combines the sweetness of blackberries and the tartness of cherries together in a lime infused crust that makes this rustic tart a perfect breakfast or dessert!
I shared this little beauty last month over at White Lights on Wednesday – did you know I’m a monthly contributor on Julie’s site? Every month I get to share my latest breakfast or dessert obsession with her readers and then bring it on home to share with you all too.
I love making galettes, or crostatas… whatever you want to call it. I LOVE THEM! For one they are easy, you can make them sweet or savory, there’s really no wrong way to eat them – plus they are super tasty and look like they take more skill than they require. Now that I’ve convinced you of the awesomeness of this amazing pastry, it’s time to explain why you need one of these in your life today. Blackberries, cherries and a lime infused crust that is ready to devour in less than an hour. Yeah I want to go make another one right now.
Serve it warm with a bit of Greek yogurt and honey to start your day or top it with a nice scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to finish off your dinner. However you decide to try it, I just know that you’re going to love this Blackberry Cherry Galette; enjoy and happy baking!
Blackberry Cherry Galette
Yield 4 servings
for the crust:
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- zest of one lime
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs ice water
for the filling:
- 3/4 c blackberries
- 3/4 c cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the lime juice and ice water, using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Shape the dough into a round and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you mix the filling.
- In a small bowl add the blackberries, cherries, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, corn starch and lime juice; stir gently to combine.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4? thick and place on the parchment lined pan.
- Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about 1/2?.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 20-23 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Courses breakfast, dessert, pastry
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
Gorgeous tart! The blackberry and cherry combination is just perfect. I picked up a bunch of blackberries and cherries at the store this morning and this would be great for dessert tonight!
Thank you Ashley!
Lisa | Sweet 2 Eat Baking says
I love galettes and blackberries. Looks absolutely delicious, Emily. I made an apple and blackberry one last month and it was heavenly. So quick, easy and delicious.
Thank you Lisa, they are my favorite easy dessert to make!
This is gorgeous Emily! I love the blackberry and cherry combo and it looks perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Quick and easy makes this the perfect summer dessert too – pinning!
thank you Kelly!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) says
This galette looks magical! So gorgeous and what a lovely combination of fruit!
Thanks Jocelyn, it tastes pretty terrific too!
Blackberries AND cherries?! I’m in love.
Thank you Shaina!
Nicky @ Kitchen Sanctuary says
Yum! Great recipe and the photographs are mouth watering!
Thank you Nicky!
i love berries. it looks so wonderful!
Thank you Dina.
Kim Beaulieu says
This is so pretty. I love cherry recipes, this needs to happen.
Thank you Kim, you’re going to love it 🙂