Blackberry Cherry Galette
Yield 4 servings
for the crust:
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- zest of one lime
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs ice water
for the filling:
- 3/4 c blackberries
- 3/4 c cherries
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 425º and line a baking pan with parchment, set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flours, sugar, salt and coconut oil.
- Slowly add the lime juice and ice water, using a fork stir until the dough starts to come together.
- Shape the dough into a round and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you mix the filling.
- In a small bowl add the blackberries, cherries, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, corn starch and lime juice; stir gently to combine.
- Roll the dough out into a circle about 1/4? thick and place on the parchment lined pan.
- Spread the berry mixture over the middle of the dough and fold the edge of the dough up over the filling about 1/2?.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar and bake for 20-23 minutes until the edges are golden and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Courses breakfast, dessert, pastry
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/08/blackberry-cherry-galette.html