This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian, all recipes and opinions are my own.
Did you know that May is National Salad and Vinegar month? In honor of these two versatile ingredients I am sharing this amazing, tasty and healthy Edamame Salad with Chia Vinaigrette.
In the summer months it gets hot here in Florida, I mean HOT! Which means some days I will do anything to avoid turning on the oven, but that doesn’t mean I don’t still crave something yummy to eat. One of my favorite things to make when the temperatures rise is salad. I’m not talking just some lettuce with a few chopped veggies thrown in, I m talking about a hearty, fill you up salad.
Edamame, garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, red onion and dried cranberries are tossed in a lightly sweet chia vinaigrette to make this quick, delicious, filling salad. It makes a great lunch whether you are at home or at work and is the perfect side dish for those summer grilling nights. A friend of mine shared this salad with me a couple of years ago and this is my interpretation of her recipe. If you’re a fan of veggie salads, then you are going to love this edamame salad, I hope you’ll enjoy it too!
Yield 10 -12 servings
- 1/4 c Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c Pompeian Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1 Tbs soysauce
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 16 oz pkg edamame, frozen
- 1 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1 6 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c red onion, diced
- To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, chia seeds, soy sauce and honey.
- Add the edamame to a large bowl add microwave on high for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes, let cool 2-3 minutes, then rinse in cold water.
- Add the garbanzo beans, artichoke hearts, cranberries and red onion to the edamame.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
Courses salad, side dish
For the dressing in this hearty salad I used Pompeian’s classic Red Wine Vinegar, which just happens to be America’s best selling red wine vinegar. It is a blend of premium domestic red wine vinegar with imported, aged Spanish wine vinegar which produces a rich-looking, rich-tasting vinegar.
Pompeian offers several varieties of Red Wine Vinegar to choose from Red Wine Vinegar, Roasted Garlic Infused Red Wine Vinegar, Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, Blueberry Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, Açai Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, White Wine Vinegar and Sherry Aged Wine Vinegar.
Have you tried any of these varieties yet? I can’t wait to try them all! What’s your favorite way to cook with vinegar, are you a marinade fanatic, salad lover or sauce creating pro? I’d love to hear how you are using it and what your favorite type of vinegar is! Find out more about about Pompeian Vinegars. #DressingItUp #PantryInsiders
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pompeian.
Hungry for more salad? Why not try one of these: