Cool down this summer with this quick, no-cook Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream that is dotted with peanut butter cups and swirls of peanut butter.
Last week for our anniversary we went out to dinner and despite being stuffed, we decided to finish off the night with some ice cream. We shared a scoop at a darling little ice cream shop around the corner from where my husband works, after minutes of gazing at all the flavors, we finally decided on the Edy’s Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. It turns out it was a fantastic choice, even our daughter loved it! Well today is another special day in our family, it’s my hubby’s birthday, the big 3-0. I always like to make him something extra special on this day, and this year I decided to make my own version of the peanut butter cup ice cream. This recipe is a quick, no-cook ice cream that is dotted with peanut butter cups and swirls of peanut butter. On a hot summer day, this treat is just what you need to cool you down; it’s smooth, creamy and delicious. Get your printable recipe card here, I hope you’ll enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- 2 c half and half
- 1 c whole milk
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 c chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Miniatures, chopped
- 2 Tbs peanut butter, melted and cooled
- In a large bowl combine the half and half, milk, sugar and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- In the microwave melt the peanut butter on high for 30 seconds, set aside to cool.
- Cover the cream mixture with plastic wrap and cool for 1 hour.
- After it's chilled, pour the cream mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze for 35-40 minutes, during the last few minutes of churning, add the peanut butter.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-safe container and fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Freeze an additional 4-6 hours in your freezer, serve and enjoy.
recipe adapted from Philadelphia-style ice cream in Williams-Sonoma Mastering: Frozen Desserts
Courses dessert, ice cream
I want some!!! You always make the yummiest things!!
Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality 🙂
Emily Dicks says
Yumm………Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks party hope to see you again tomorrow : )
Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles says
This sounds so delicious and easy!
You have got to submit this to the food fight feature for next month! Bring any other ice cream or fruit pops that you may have 😉 Submit here: http://willcookforsmiles.com/2013/05/food-fight-party-submit-your-ice-cream-and-fruit-pops.html
Jamie Sherman says
My gosh, I would totally not share this! LOL. Pinned!