In our house we love breakfast so much that we often have “Brinner” ok to be honest, it’s usually once a week. There is just something so comforting and delicious about eating breakfast for dinner.
But this post isn’t about my love affair with breakfast, it’s about pancakes. Pancakes, oh the time honored traditional breakfast loved by all, but have you ever noticed that as a mom (or the official pancake maker) that you always eat last? You do all the work and how do you get rewarded? by eating alone, ok so maybe not always, but admit it – this has happened to you!
- 1½ c flour
- 1 c buttermilk
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the buttermilk, oil and eggs and mix until a lumpy batter forms, lumps are good.
- Spoon 1 Tbs of batter in each well of the muffin pan and bake for 13-15 minutes, until slightly golden and a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven cool in the pan 5 minutes and serve warm.