Chocolate Cherry Loaf
Yield 8 mini loaves
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 Tbs flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c fresh cherries, pitted & chopped
- 1/3 c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375º and prepare an 8 well mini loaf pan with baking spray (you can substitute a 9x4 loaf pan if necessary).
- In a large bowl beat together the eggs, brown sugar, milk, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, sugar, flax meal baking powder and salt, incorporate the dry mixture into the wet until moist.
- Stir in the cherries and chocolate chips until combined, spoon the batter into the pan and bake for 18-20 minutes; until golden.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove to a wire rack and finish cooling.
Recipe adapted from Orange Cranberry Bread by Terry Blonder Golson
Courses bread, breakfast