Quick and easy, delicious no-bake cookies.
If you know me, then you know I don’t like cookies. And if you don’t, you are probably thinking, seriously she doesn’t like cake or cookies? What is wrong with this girl? Well the truth is I like so few cookie-types, it is just easier to say I don’t like cookies. With that said, my favorite cookie – if you can call it that, is a “no-bake cookie”. Long ago when I was a child my mom taught me how to make these, I think the recipe used to be on the cocoa container, I just really can’t remember.
so after about a month of craving no-bakes I finally broke down and made some, I can’t remember the original recipe from all those years ago, but this one turns out good and they are tasty. Here’s the recipe, enjoy and happy no-naking!
Yield 1 dozen cookies
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 Tbs and 1-1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c margarine
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/2 pinch salt
- 1-1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan bring sugar, cocoa, margarine, milk, and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
- Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter, and vanilla; mix well.
- Working quickly, drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper, and let cool.