Need I say more? This little gem is something I ran across a while ago on one of my favorite sites, bakerella.com When I grow up I want to be a baker like her, she is inspiring, but back to the lemon bars. So I keep thinking about them and finally decided, why wait? seize the day and make them now! These Lemon Bars are bursting with bright lemony goodness atop a delicious crust, they are sure to be a hit with any crowd.
So I did, when visiting over at my sister’s house, she loves lemon bars too, we made the day dreams a reality. And boy was it a tasty reality! My family and friends know me as kind of a health freak, which for the most part I am. But bread and sweets are my weakness, I mean everyone has one, I can just admit mine. TRUST ME – You want to try these, waiting will only make you want them more. Enjoy and happy baking!
Yield 16 bars
- for the Crust:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for dusting)
- for the Topping:
- 1 1/2 cup plain sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner's sugar
- Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom of pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- To make topping:
- While crust is baking, prepare topping.
- In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool, dust with confectioner's sugar and refrigerate.
- Cut into bars and enjoy them cold!