Easy Chicken Fried Rice is the perfect quick, delicious weeknight meal!
Today I am back after a few weeks off, moving with small kids is no joke you guys! School starts this week so I am sharing one of our favorite quick and easy meals, Easy Chicken Fried Rice. It is perfect for the hectic weeks that lie ahead with the hustle and bustle of the back to school season.
My favorite thing about this meal is that it can be made even faster with leftovers. Maybe you made a bunch of rice the night before to serve with your tacos, now just turn the leftovers into fried rice. Got leftover chicken, even easier, just chop some up and toss it in! I like to use a frozen veggie mix, you can steam it in the microwave while you prep the other parts of the meal and it is a snap.
My family prefers this dish with white rice, but it is so easy to switch it up and use your favorite type of rice instead. Chicken, carrots, peas, onions and fried egg make this Easy Chicken Fried Rice a great all in one meal. I’m sending all of you mamas and papas out there some good vibes for a safe and happy back to school, I hope you’ll enjoy this meal as much as we do!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 2 Tbs oil
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 2 c rice, cooked and cooled (any kind)
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs honey or liquid sweetener
- 1 c cooked chicken, diced
- 1 c frozen pea & carrot/veggie mix, steamed
- 2 eggs, fried and chopped
- In a large skillet or wok heat the oil and cook the onion until tender.
- Add the cooled rice and cook for about 3 minutes, then stir to cook the other side.
- Add the soy sauce and honey, stir to coat the rice.
- Stir in the chicken, veggies and fried egg.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until all ingredients are warm.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Courses main dish, chicken
Blair @ The Seasoned Mom says
Love leftover dinners like this! Pinned and sharing! 🙂
Me too too Blair, thanks for sharing!
Natalie @ Life Made Simple says
Yum! We love making fried rice- and a big bowl of this looks so good right now!
It is definitely one of our favorite easy meals!
Des @ Life's Ambrosia says
One of my favorite leftover meals to make !
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
This does look easy! So perfect as a quick side dish or light dinner!
Jenny B @ Honey and Birch says
I am always on the lookout for new leftover recipes!! This is going on my to-make list!
Meg @ With Salt and Wit says
We just moved into our new house back in May and I can’t imagine would it would be like with kid! And I am thinking this dinner is genius!
Oh Meg, in our experience moving with kids has never been easy, but I am always more motivated to get their things unpacked and set up. As for dinner, this meal is so easy its a definite win!