Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls
Yield 12 rolls
- 2 Tbs warm water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/2 c milk
- 4 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the water and yeast to a small bowl and let it bloom for about 5 minutes, then stir in the honey. In a small saucepan heat the milk almost to a boil and remove, add the butter and stir until melted, whisk in the egg and yeast mixture.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flours and salt, then stir in the wet ingredients until a soft dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400º and prepare a 12 c muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop the dough into each of the muffin wells and bake for 8-10 minutes; until golden on top.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the pan and serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Rolls in The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen
Courses bread, roll