Chocolate Coconut Crisps
Yield 1 dozen
- 1 c chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet
- 1 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 1/2 c toffee chips
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbs butter, cubed
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a baking pan with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips for 1 minute, stir until smooth, if the chocolate isn't completely melted continue to heat in 15 second intervals.
- Stir in the butter, mixing until smooth.
- Working quickly, whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the coconut, toffee chips, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and sea salt; drop by 1/4 c dollops onto the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are set.
- Cool on the pan 3-5 minutes and serve.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Coconut Toffee Delights in Gifts from a Jar