Yield 1 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/4 c flour
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter for 1 minute and then add the sugar, baking powder and salt, mix to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth, slowly beat in the flour on low, finish scraping the dough together with a spoon.
- Transfer dough to wax paper and flatten, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, until firm.
- Roll the dough out 1/4" thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 350º for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove and cool on pan 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Frost or decorate as desired and serve.
Recipe scaled from Classic Sugar Cookies featured in Best 100 Cookies by BHG
Courses cookie, dessert