Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Yield 2 dozen rolls
For the dough:
- 1 c warm water
- 1 pkg active dry yeast
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
- 1 c pumpkin purée
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the frosting:
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs milk
- 2 c powdered sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough hook add the water, yeast and honey; let bloom for 5 minutes.
- Next add the oil, flours and salt; mix at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Turn the dough into a greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350º and spray two standard muffin tins with baking spray.
- In a bowl mix together the pumpkin purée, sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle and spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the surface. starting at the long end roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log in half and then divide each half into 12 slices.
- Place one slice in each well of the muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Remove carefully from the oven and cool 5 minutes. I
- n the bowl of your stand mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until pale, add the vanilla, cinnamon, milk and mix.
- Add the powdered sugar at low speed and mix until smooth.
- Spread the frosting over the slightly cooled rolls and serve.
Courses breakfast, sweet roll
Recipe adapted from Pizza Dough by Miz Helen’s Kitchen