Lately my posts have been a lot more savory and that’s ok, a girl’s gotta eat, but when it comes to matters of the heart (and stomach) sweets will always win out for sure. Yesterday at church I started teaching the 7 year old class, it was so much fun! Not really being sure of who or how many kids would show up I wanted to be prepared with a little something special to start our year off right. After a quick Facebook poll and a trip to Target Saturday night I made Rice Krispie Treats, but with a slight twist. They turned out delicious as always, with just a hint of peanut butter and chocolate. It’s no surprise they disappeared in minutes and the kids asked for seconds! Next time you need a quick dessert or snack to share but want to mix it up just a bit, I recommend giving these a try. Enjoy and happy no baking!
Reese's Cup Rice Krispie Treats
Yield 16 -20 treats
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 10 oz. package of marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 Reese's Miniatures, frozen and chopped
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter on high for 45 seconds.
- Add the marshmallows, toss to coat and microwave for 45 seconds, stir and microwave another 45 seconds.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal and marshmallow mixture.
- When it almost comes together toss in the chopped Reese's cups and press into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and serve.
Recipe adapted from Kellogg's Rice Krispies®
Courses dessert, snack