Yield 8 - 10 servings
For the crust:
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c butter, diced
- 2 Tbs cold water
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 c peaches, sliced
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or food processor combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter, mix until a ball begins to form, adding the water 1 Tbs at a time after the first 30 seconds of mixing.
- Scoop the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
- In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat cook the peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice and cinnamon until boiling.
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender pulse the mixture until chunky.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg and vanilla together, add a small amount of the peach liquid to the egg, whisking to keep the egg from scrambling.
- Whisk the egg mixture back into the peaches and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until thick. Preheat your oven to 400º and press the dough into a large, prepared (this is really important, to avoid sticking) tart pan, lay a piece of foil over the dough and fill the area with weights, I used dried beans, bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Pour the peach mixture over the crust and bake for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to golden and crisp.
- Cool the tart completely in the pan, slice and serve.
Crust recipe adapted fromSugar Crust Pastry on www.ffcook.com