Even though the summer is fading and its September now, I’m trying to hold on to that summery feeling just a little bit longer. This bright bread recipe does just that. I hope you enjoy, happy baking!
Raspberry Lemon Loaf
Yield 1 loaf
- 2 c flour
- ½ c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c fresh raspberries
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 c milk
- 4 oz applesauce
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients with the lemon zest.
- In a small bowl combine the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and fold in the raspberries.
- Bake in a prepared loaf pan at 400º for 35-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Slice and serve, store remaining bread in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.