These rich, fudgy, chocolate cookies are packed with miniature chocolate chip and taste just as good as a brownie but take less time to bake. Double or triple this recipe if you plan to share, because let me warn you they are good! I think I ate 3/4 of them over a 3 day period. Seriously, one cookie is just not enough; unless you’re my two year old. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as we do, happy baking!
Yield 1 dozen cookies
- 1/2 c dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tbs flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 c miniature chocolate chips
- In a large glass mixing bowl melt the dark chocolate with 1 Tbs of coconut oil in the microwave at high power for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the remaining 1 Tbs of coconut oil until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and mix until well blended.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and mini chocolate chips and stir until it just comes together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line two cookie sheets with baking mats or parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough out in 1 Tbs balls and place 2" apart on the pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges just start to set.
- Remove from the oven carefully and cool on the pan 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air tight container for 2-3 days.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Lori Longbotham
Courses cookies, dessert