Chicken, mushrooms, red onion and zucchini are grilled together in these Barbecue Chicken Skewers that are perfect for your game day celebration or week night dinner!
My family loves grilling, we grill year round – which obviously is a lot easier here in Florida, since the weather is mild compared to most of the country during the winter months. I especially love the warm of the grill during the chilly days though, it is so nice to be able to cook and not feel like your going to melt! Grilling in our house means barbecue and Kraft recently launched the sale of their newly revamped line of sauces. The revamped sauce line comes in a new package design and includes recipes that feature high-quality ingredients like tomatoes, sweet molasses, cider vinegar and cane sugar.
I made these Barbecue Chicken Skewers and combined two of our favorite things – barbecue chicken and grilled veggies. Tender chicken breast is basted with Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce and layered with zucchini, mushrooms and a bit of red onions. We really love taking the kids out for Hibachi, it still counts as grilled even if you’re not the one doing it right? Either way it is always entertaining to watch your food be prepared and I swear my kids will eat anything they cook up when we’re there!
Of course there is nothing quite like a nice grilled dinner you make yourself, am I right? and I know what you’re thinking, what about the cold weather? Well that’s where the Evergriller Grill ‘N’ Flip Mitt comes in handy. See that heat rising off the grill in the photo just above here, the mitt not only keeps the cold air off your hands it’s also fire-resistant to protect your hands from both the heat of the grill.
They make a great addition to your game day spread, yes it’s okay to eat veggies and watch the game at the same time. Plus these skewers are just as perfect for dinner when served up with a side of brown rice, they taste so good you’ll want to make them no matter how cold it is outside. Enjoy and happy grilling!
Barbecue Chicken Skewers
Yield 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 1" rounds
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into 1" pieces
- 1/2 lb white mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/2 c Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce + more for dipping
- bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling)
- Turn your grill on to medium heat if you're using a gas grill or start your charcoal and let it get nice and toasty.
- Assemble the skewers by alternating pieces of chicken, zucchini, mushroom and red onion, (depending on the size of your skewers you may only get one slice of each ingredient or two if using a standard sized skewer).
- Prepare the grill surface with a bit of oil and place the skewers on the grill a few inches apart.
- Baste the chicken on each skewer with a bit of Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce and cook for about 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the grill and serve warm.
- *Optional: use additional Kraft Sweet Honey Barbecue Sauce for dipping.
Courses main dish, chicken
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and provided product samples by Kraft Foods, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.