A classic vanilla cupcake recipe you can make over and over again.
Today is day 5 of the recipe series and the theme is fun desserts, and what is more fun than an individual dessert? I think it is safe to say our country and probably most of the world, has a cupcake fascination. Here’s my theory as to why: there is no sharing required, they are one size fits all and self contained for easy clean-up. With the Fourth just days away I wanted to share a cute printable you could use to turn your cookout into a sure success. You can download the flags here, now onto the cupcakes.
This is pretty much a basic 1-2-3-4 cupcake recipe, only slightly modified to achieve my desired results – I often use my Breville Smart oven for smaller batches of things, it uses less energy, but because it is convection it tends to bake recipes more quickly. These cupcakes are soft, sweet and delicious, I hope that you and your guests will enjoy them; happy baking!
Vanilla Cupcakes & July 4th Printable
- 1 1/2 c self rising flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350º and line a standard 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter until fluffy, add the sugar and cream for two minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk to the wet ingredients, until the batter is smooth. Scoop the cupcake batter into the paper liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely, frost with your favorite icing and sprinkles.
Courses cupcake, dessert