Lightly sweet delicious Fresh Blueberry Muffins are chock-full of fresh berries and made healthier with whole wheat flour.
Fresh Blueberry Muffins
Yield 1 dozen
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp flax meal
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1 c blueberries, I used fresh (frozen will work fine too)
- Preheat your oven to 425º and spray a muffin tin or line it with 12 paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and flax.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, applesauce and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry until just moistened, then fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes in pan, serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Antonia Lofaso
Courses Breakfast, muffin