An easy and delicious treat, these chocolate peanut butter no bake bars only require a few ingredients, which you probably have on hand.
Happy July! It’s silly I know, but it’s something my sister and I do each month, we wish each other a “Happy” month. Anyway on to the goodies, I came across these wonderful little treats in the tasty kitchen blog email last week and I had to have them. We moved recently and in the packing/unpacking process I discovered I have a problem – I buy peanut butter way to often. I mean whenever it is on sale I just can’t resist, so all in total I have 7 jars of peanut butter and I thought, ok I have to make something.
I mean I love chocolate and I love oatmeal, so it wasn’t really a matter of if I was going to make them, it was more like when? Well Sunday was my last week teaching the 7 yr old children at church and I wanted to make them something special and yummy. You know a treat to remember me by, or something like that. Since these chocolate peanut butter no bake bars only require a few ingredients, which you probably have on hand. You should probably get up and go make these right now – because they are good and so easy to make. So go on, go make yourself and someone else very happy, I hope you’ll enjoy them!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Bars
Yield 9 bars
- ¾ cup Butter
- ½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, and oats.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Press half of mixture into the bottom of a buttered 8 x 8 dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate and peanut butter, stirring every 30
- seconds until melted and blended.
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture over the crust,
- reserving a couple of spoonfuls to drizzle over the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate and peanut butter, pressing gently to
- form a crust.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate and peanut butter over the top of the bars.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before cutting and serving.
Courses dessert, bars
Serving Size 1 bar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.