Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies are chewy and fudgy brownies with a nutty hint that are sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
I love brownies, they are my all time most favorite dessert! Years ago before we had kids and I never had really baked many types of cookies I would have picked a brownie as my go to dessert over any other kind, second only to ice cream. Truth be told I hadn’t actually browned butter until a month ago. Now let me tell you, if you haven’t ever done it yet, go do it! It brings a new level of depth to whatever you use it on or in.
Browning butter is super simple, just take a light colored sauce pan and add your desired amount of butter, cook it over medium/high heat, stirring occasionally to keep it from burning on the bottom of the pan. Once it is golden brown remove it from the heat and let it come to room temperature and enjoy it on all the things. The great thing about these Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies is you don’t have to wait for the butter to cool completely. Just add your chocolate to it and stir until its smooth, stir in the remaining ingredients, bake and boom – deliciousness happens. Your friends and family will love you a little more if you bake them a batch of these, enjoy and happy baking!
Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies
Yield 9-12 brownies
- 8 Tbs browned butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c cocoa powder, I like dutch cocoa
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, extra large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and prepare an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment or foil sprayed with cooking spray, set aside.
- To your browned butter add the sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa and salt, stirring until smooth, you may need to heat it slightly to melt the chocolate completely.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour (if you want to add more chocolate or nuts, nows your chance), stir it until the flour is just incorporated.
- Evenly spread the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-28 minutes until a tester comes out with just a slightly moist crumb.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove carefully, slice and serve.
If you are looking for even more ways to enjoy your new Browned Butter obsession (you’re welcome) here are some must try recipes:
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Browned Butter Cauliflower
Cashew Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter
Butter Pecan Blondies with Brown Butter
Garlic Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
Apple Blueberry Bliss
Snickers Cheesecake Bars with Brown Butter
Brown Butter Parmesan Corn
Brown Butter Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Brown Butter Carrots
Browned Butter Salted Caramel Sauce