These easy, baked Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Dog Bites are a perfect bite-sized game day snack your family and friends will love!
When it comes to food and sports I think we can all agree they are better together! I am usually a sweets fan, I absoluelty love this Monster Cookie Snack Mix, but its hard to resist a good bite-sized savory snack when you’re watching your favorite team. I’ll be honest I only like hot dogs occasionally. There is something about corn dogs that is infinitely more appealing to me, its probably the bread. I decided to add fresh, diced jalapeños and cheddar cheese to make these an irresistible bite your friends won’t be able to resist.
This recipe makes about two dozen, so you might want to double or triple it if you’re planning a big get together to cut down on the fighting over the last one. Whether you make these for dinner or for your next tailgating party I hope you enjoy them as much as we do, happy baking!
Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Dog Bites
Yield 24 bites
- 1/2 c + 2 Tbs all purpose flour
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbs corn meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 hot dogs, each sliced into 8 pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400º F and prepare a mini muffin pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, honey, butter and egg.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry until it just comes together, then fold in the cheese and jalapeño.
- Place a 1 Tbs scoop of the batter into each well of the mini muffin tin.
- Push one slice of hotdog into the center of each muffin well and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then carefully remove and serve.
- Store remaining, cooled corn dog bites in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
Want more game day recipe ideas? Check out these delicious ones from some of my blogging friends:
Football Game Day Cookies
Sun-Dried Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Poppers
Tropical Chicken with Grilled Pineapple
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Sloppy Joe Sliders
Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Homemade Soft Pretzels with Mustard Cheese Dip
Bruschetta Turkey Burger Sliders
Bacon Cheese Ball
Red Potato Salad with Bacon
Easy Pizza Kabobs