Brown Sugar Cinnamon Coffeecake
Yield 8-10 servings
For the cake:
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs, extra large
- 1 tsp LorAnn Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp LorAnn Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion
- 2 tsp milk
For the icing:
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3 Tbs milk
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/2 tsp LorAnn Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 1/4 sheet rimmed baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or using a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars.
- Next add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, add the Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and stir until combined.
- In a small mixing bowl prepare the filling by combining the brown sugar, cinnamon, Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion and milk.
- Spread 2/3 of the cake batter over the bottom of the prepared pan and top with the cinnamon sugar filling.
- Spoon the remaining cake batter over the cinnamon filling layer in dollops, I did 4 rows of 4.
- Bake the cake for 28-30 minutes, until golden on top, remove from the oven and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk and Buttery Sweet Dough Bakery Emulsion.
- Pour the icing mixture over the cooled cake, slice and serve.
- Store remaining cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2018/04/brown-sugar-cinnamon-coffeecake.html