Spinach Mushroom Alfredo Baked Ziti
Yield 8 servings
- 16 oz ziti, cooked
- 5 oz Fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 oz Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 c Parmesan Romano cheese blend, grated
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 c seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 Tbs of butter and sauté the sliced mushrooms until tender.
- Transfer the mushrooms to pan with the pasta.
- Add the fresh spinach, to the skillet and cook until wilted, then add the spinach to the mushroom and pasta mixture.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbs of butter and add the garlic, cook until tender and then add the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the grated Parmesan Romano cheese blend and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the milk, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper and stir until smooth.
- Pour the cream sauce over the spinach, mushroom and pasta and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared 9" x 13" baking pan and sprinkle on the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350º F for 30 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve warm, store any leftover pasta in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2018/03/spinach-mushroom-alfredo-baked-ziti.html