Yield 12 brownies
For the brownies:
- 8 Tbs butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c chocolate chips
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
For the ganache:
- 1 c good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 325º F and line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil, prepare with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
- Return the mixture to the microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds to melt the chocolate completely, stir until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and salt; beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and stir until the batter just comes together.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake for 23-25 minutes until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the heavy cream for 1 minute, stirring after the first 30 seconds.
- Stir in the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the brownies and add the sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, slice, let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes and serve.
- Store remaining brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Courses dessert, brownie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2017/02/ganache-brownies.html