Yield 10 -12 pralines
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c + 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/4 c whole milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 oz 60% cacao chocolate, chopped
- 1 c pecans, toasted
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or baking mat and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan mix together sugars, butter, milk and salt using a wooden spoon.
- Cook over medium high heat until the mixture begins to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Clip your candy thermometer to the side of the pan once it begins to boil and stir constantly.
- Boil the mixture until it reaches between 238º and 240º F on the thermometer, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and working quickly add the chocolate and toasted pecans.
- Begin stirring, stir the mixture until it starts to look cloudy and creamy, less than 5 minutes.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto the prepared pan and let cool for 10 minutes.
- You can serve them warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/12/chocolate-pralines.html