Yield 1 dozen
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 1 c flour, sifted
optional cinnamon coating:
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 Tbs ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 275º F and line two baking pans with baking mats or parchment.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- If cinnamon coating is desired, in a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Scoop the dough into 2 Tbs rounds.
- If choosing to coat with cinnamon sugar mixture do so at this point.
- Place the dough on the baking pan and press with the cookie stamp.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool on the pan 5 minutes, transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Courses cookie, snack
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/04/butter-cookies.html