Chocolate Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookies
Yield 28 cookies
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/3 c peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- ⅓ c dutch process cocoa powder
- ¼ c flax meal
- ¼ c chia seeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two baking sheets with parchment or baking mats.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the banana, coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and vanilla, mix well.
- In a mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, cocoa powder, flax meal, chia seeds, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until it comes together.
- Scoop into 2 Tbs rounds, press a tsp of miniature chocolate chips into the top of each cookie, flattening them slightly with damp fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool on the pan a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container or refrigerate.
Courses Breakfast, cookie
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/02/chocolate-peanut-butter-breakfast-cookies.html