Granola Crunch Banana Bread
Yield 1 loaf
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c applesauce
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c prepared granola, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare a 10" cast iron skillet or large loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the banana, egg, sugar, vanilla, coconut oil and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon until well mixed.
- Mixing on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and sprinkle the granola evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes for the skillet or 55-60 minutes for the loaf pan.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
- Store remaining bread in an airtight container for up to 3 days at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Courses bread, breakfast
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/01/granola-crunch-banana-bread.html