Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Granola
Yield 6 -8 servings
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c dark chocolate peanut butter, I used Peanut Butter Co Dark Chocolate Dreams
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 c old fashioned oats
- 1/2 c almond slices
- 1 Tbs Dutch process cocoa powder
- 3/4 c freeze dried bananas, in pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and prepare a large sheet pan with parchment or a silicone baking mat,
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the coconut oil, peanut butter and honey for 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth, then add the vanilla and salt.
- Add the oats, almond slices and cocoa powder, stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully stir the mixture and return to the oven for 10 minutes, stir the mixture one last time and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove carefully from the oven and let cool completely.
- Stir in the freeze dried banana pieces and serve.
- Store remaining granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Courses breakfast, granola
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2015/01/dark-chocolate-peanut-butter-banana-granola.html