Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
Yield 2 pints
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 7 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 lb strawberries, washed, hulled & sliced
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 2 c diced pound cake
- Preheat your oven to 350º and place the strawberries in a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar and stir to coat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and mash with a fork, set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form, slowly add the sweetened and condensed milk and stir to combine.
- Spread 1/3 of the strawberry mixture over the bottom of a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Add 1/3 of the pound cake and top with 1/2 of the cream mixture.
- Repeat the layers: strawberries, pound cake, cream, ending with a layer of strawberries and cake.
- Cover the pan with a sheet of plastic wrap, pressing it onto the surface and freeze for 4-6 hours.
- Let the pan sit 5-10 minutes to thaw slightly and serve.
Courses dessert, ice cream
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/05/strawberry-shortcake-ice-cream.html