Peanut Butter Cup Pretzel Bonbons
Yield 36 Bonbons
- 1 c peanut butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c small peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 c crushed pretzels
- 12 oz melting chocolate
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter and cream cheese and microwave uncovered on high for 30 seconds,until slightly softened.
- Stirring the mixture, then add the powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter cups and pretzels and stir to combine.
- Scoop the mixture and shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet, cover and freeze for 15 minutes, until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl according to package directions, stir until smooth.
- If the chocolate isn't completely melted, continue to microwave at 15 second intervals and stir until smooth.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate using a fork and allow the excess to drip back into bowl.
- Place the coated balls back on the baking sheet and chill for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled, store any remaining bonbons in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
recipe adapted from Peanut Butter-Pretzel Bonbons by Ghirardelli Chocolate
Courses candy, dessert
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/05/peanut-butter-cup-pretzel-bonbons.html