Toasted Coconut Marshmallow Cups
- for the shells:
- 1 1/2 c chocolate, I used a mixture of dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- for the marshmallow filling:
- 1 pkg unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 c + 3 Tbs water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/3 c corn syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c toasted coconut
- Melt the chocolates and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, stir until smooth.
- Working quickly, place about 1 Tbs of chocolate in each well of the mold and rotate it to coat the sides, place the mold in the freezer and make the marshmallow filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the 3 Tbs of water and sprinkle the gelatin over it, let bloom.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat cook the 1/4 c water, sugar, corn syrup and salt to a boil, using a candy thermometer cook to soft ball stage and remove from heat.
- With the whisk attachment on your mixer stir the gelatin mixture slowly and add the hot sugar mixture by pouring it down the side of the bowl.
- Increase the speed and whip for about 1 1/2 -2 minutes, it will begin to whiten.
- Remove the mold from the freezer and place a pinch or two of toasted coconut in the bottom of each shell.
- Spoon or pipe the marshmallow mixture into the chocolate filled mold.
- Top with more chocolate and toasted coconut, return the mold to the freezer to set, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve chilled, store remaining marshmallow cups in the refrigerator for 1 week.
marshmallow recipe adapted from Fluffy Vanilla Marshmallows on the Kitchn
Courses candy, dessert, no-bake
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/04/toasted-coconut-marshmallow-cups.html