Coconut Banana Bread
Yield 1 loaf
- 1 Tbs flax meal mixed with 2 Tbs water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2/3 c coconut milk, I used So Delicious Vanilla
- 2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- *optional: 1 Tbs cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375º F and prepare an 8.5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flax meal and 2 Tbs of water in a small bowl, set aside for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the mashed bananas, sugar, shredded coconut, coconut oil, and coconut milk.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the flax mixture into the wet ingredients, add the dry mixture and stir until it just comes together.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until a tester comes out with just a few crumbs and the top is golden.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Courses breakfast, bread
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/03/coconut-banana-bread.html