Very Berry Muffins
Yield 6 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c orange juice
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c sugar + 1 Tbs for sprinkling
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs flax meal
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 c blueberries
- 1/2 c strawberries, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and prepare a 6 well muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine the egg, orange juice, honey, 1/4 c sugar and water and beat well.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the flour, flax meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the berries and spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle on the remaining Tbs of sugar and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, or serve warm.
Courses breakfast, muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by It Bakes Me Happy at https://itbakesmehappy.com/2014/02/very-berry-muffins.html